dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

Just got a tattoo about 2 almost 3 weeks ago, and about 5 or

Customer Question

Just got a tattoo about 2 almost 3 weeks ago, and about 5 or 6 days ago, I started breaking out on the tattoo, and a little above it. So I stopped using the ointment and lotion, but still have the bumps. Now I'm just worried about it. It doesn't hurt, still itches. No oozing puss, so I'm pretty sure it's not infected. I want the breakout and redness to go away, and. Ow becasue of the permanent factor of my tattoo, it's making me slightly feel like the red bumps will never go away. I know it sounds kinda dumb, but I haven't had this many pimples and red bumps that have stayed this long. I just want to know that this is normal, and that my arm will heal and my new tat will look as beautiful as I know it can.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Please send me a picture or two so that I can help you out in a better way.

Kind regards