dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

Have a horizontal ridge on my big toenails. I am very

Customer Question

have a horizontal ridge on my big toenails. I am very healthy. blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose are great. Just on my big toenails, but non of the others nails. Both toenails have great color. Keep my toenails kind of long and think that it might
be from my intense workouts... lots of jumping, running and pushing off. Is this poissible?
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, seen both my doctor and dermatologist in the last few weeks for a skin check and they both saw my toes and had no issues, so I am assuming all is ok?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Can you attach the photos here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cant. I'm sorry
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

It is difficult to say without looking at it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is really not that noticeable. I have to have my foot in the right light to even see them. My fingernails and the rest of my toe nails don't have them. My wife looked at my toes and said that they look healthy and normal to her. The color is great. From what I see by looking online it is very possible to have trauma to the nail or injury from something. I believe that since my doctors say that I am healthy and I have zero symptoms of anything bad that all is good. Agree?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Most likely I agree.