khagihara
khagihara, Medical doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I had a question regarding some moles/freckle areas i have.

Customer Question

Hi. I had a question regarding some moles/freckle areas i have. My father recently passed away from melanoma so ive become very aware of my skin and concerned, probobly too much. I will attach pictures of a couple areas i would like info about. The larger
mole i have had for as long as i can remember. The other as well but just dont remember the color.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The first pic is the larger one. The second is way smaller. First roughly 5mm. Second 2mm
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

They don't look like melanoma. Reassured.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I zoomed in on the smaller 2mm one. Attached is that photo. Still looks ok? What worried me was the dark spot in the middle. It is totally flat and not raised at all. Cannot feel with finger when go over area. These images are drastically blown up
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

It could be a junction nevus (benign) because the nodule is in the center. it doesn't look malignant. If it grew, you should have a biopsy. If not, you don't need to worry about it and just check it periodically.