Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I have a little skin tag/raised bump under my left breast.

Customer Question

I have a little skin tag/raised bump under my left breast. It seems to have gotten darker. I have had it checked out in the past and was told it was nothing to worry about. I will attach a picture. What does it look like to you?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

This looks like something called Seborrheic Keratosis (SK). These bumps are a normal age related skin change but can start appearing from a person’s twenties onwards.

SK lesions are harmless. Their size can vary from that of a small rice grain to larger that a quarter and color may range from exactly like the skin to black.

When patients are concerned because of the cosmetic disfigurement they cause I offer to remove them with CO2 laser or radiofrequency ablation, otherwise they can be left alone. You could discuss these options with a dermatologist in person if so desired.

Please feel free to ask if you have any queries. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.