Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have a rash on the head of my penis. It is raised red

Customer Question

I have a rash on the head of my penis. It is raised red bumps and changes in severity. It is agitated by friction. I've seen a dermatologist but it wasn't very active, so they just gave me a general steroid cream and a cream for jock itch, neither of which have helped. It doesn't itch, just feels agitated. I've had it for a really long time at this point, maybe 9 months so I would really appreciate any help I can get
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for query,

According to your symptoms there are many causes of such raised bumps, if you would have attached picture i could comment more precisely, the important point here is to rule out any STD and examination of the penis is required for that. I would suggest you should visit genitourinary clinic to have thorough examination and prescription accordingly. You should mention that you did not get any relief by steroid cream. Do attach a picture here if you can.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It isn't an STD, I've been tested. Here are photos.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

It seems to be balanitis, you may need antibiotics for this but again you have to visit your genito urinary clinic to rule out other possibilities by examination and you may need a skin biopsy for exact diagnosis. Meanwhile do not use any hard soap over the area and keep it moisturized.

Wish you good health.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.