Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I have a had a irritation just under the head of my penis a

Customer Question

i have a had a irritation just under the head of my penis for a a few weeks not sure what it is
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it almost looks like when ur in the shower to long and ur finger tips prune up
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

Would a photograph of the affected area be possible at your convenience?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the photograph. I really do not see much obviously wrong with the penile skin but going by the irritation and the symptom you have described this could be a mild yeast infection or contact allergic dermatitis (i.e. an allergic reaction to something that came into contact with the area - synthetic undergarments, and latex condoms are common culprits).

Here is what might help:

1. 1% Clotrimazole cream: apply twice a day over the affected area for 14 days. Finish the treatment period even if the symptoms subside earlier. If the irritation is not better in 5 days or so mix 1% Cortizone cream with the Clotrimazole in a 1:1 ratio and apply twice a day for 14 days.

2. Tab Claritin 10 mg once a day for 7 days.

3. Keep the area as clean and dry as possible.

4. Zeasorb-AF powder (Clotrimazole) for dusting: i.e. apply over the genitalia and groins before wearing your undergarments. Continue for 4 weeks.

NOTE: All of the above can be bought without a prescription.
Please feel free to ask if you have any queries. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.