Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I have a recurrent (3 episodes) of a small rash on my lower

Customer Question

I have a recurrent (3 episodes) of a small rash on my lower back. Just off center but fairly close. It is not painful but does itch a little. It has gone away in roughly a week each time.
I also have a separate question regarding an area on my side front (below breast). This began as a bruised area though there was no injury. Over a period of 6 months it grew and became thickened and almost a silky white. Never painful. It has now darkened but remains after 2 years. I showed it early on to my pcp and gyn who both had no idea.
I have pics of both if needed.
Thanks
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting me - please upload the pictures and I will be happy to take a look.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will attempt again to attach the photos. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the photographs. As for the patches on your back - this could be Herpes of the body or an eczematous process called Nummular Eczema. Atypical Folliculitis would be another possibility. I would strongly suggest seeing your doctor to get a skin swab done for Herpes testing from the area; blood serology for herpes should also be sent. A line of treatment can only be decided after that.

As for the other patch - could you please upload better pictures at your convenience? Possibly with a flash? Really cannot comment on this one.