DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

I noticed my leg hurting last night in bed and thought it

Customer Question

Hi! I noticed my leg hurting last night in bed and thought it was bruised (my left shin). I didn't notice until this morning, it is actually a bad rash. It seems to be growing slowly and is becoming more painful. It is burning, but not itchy. It is smooth to the touch and warm though there are some red bumps, not filled with fluid. The skin feels tight and looks dry. Could this be eczema or dermatitis even though it's not itchy? Or should I be more concerned? The area with the rash had not been covered with clothing at all, only by my blanket last night.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

It can also be celluitis, which is infection of the skin.

It needs to be looked at now, and treated if so.

I will also be glad to look at a picture, but suggest urgent care

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please look at photo and advise
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Typical of a scabies infection, or other bites.

Some skin infection.

I would have

OK, so that is an initial answer….

this cared for now.