Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician
Experience:  14 years of Family Practice Experience including most dermatology problems
13781349

I have I think is a small rash on my left thigh. It itches

Customer Question

I have I think is a small rash on my left thigh. It itches sometimes. I want to know what cream or soap can I used to make it go away
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Might you be able to provide a photo of this rash? There are many types and causes of rashes . There is no universal treatment of all causes of course...

Some common types could include a Candidal dermatitis (this is one type of fungal rash) ---if this then a nystatin based cream twice a day would help...clotrimazole is another potential option...

If allergic dermatitis or eczema then a steroid cream would help.... over the counter 1 percent hydrocortisone is available but relatively low potency ...prescription options may be better for some type rashes...

Folliculitis is a bacterial infection involving hair follicles /pores involved > this may benefit from over the counter antibiotic such as Neosporin or prescription options such as topical Bactroban or oral antibiotic

So it may be helpful to provide photo and post to this page or to site such as photobucket.com and list the reference

You may benefit to have your doctor or dermatologist examine and treat your rash

Itching May also benefit from a topical Bendryl product and and oral antihistamines such as oral Zyrtec(creatinine) or Alleges or Benedryl 25 mg every six hours as needed...

Applying cold washcloth to rash may reduce itching...

I hope that this is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further information or discussion or questions.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My pic

Hello again,

The picture is helpful.It looks consistent with a tinea type infection.This should respond well to applying Lamisil cream twice a day for 10 days.

I hope that this is helpful for you Let me know if I may be of further help.Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD