Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I have had sores on my anus about two months now. They have

Customer Question

I have had sores on my anus about two months now. They have said its shingles then herpes. It won't go away. I have been on valtex and acyclovir for 7 weeks. Nothing helps. Please help
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

Have antibiotics or oral steroids been tried?

Sores that do not respond to Valtrex and Acyclovir over 7-10 days are not herpes or shingles - do you have any other medical problems like inflammatory bowel disease, arthritis, diabetes etc.?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not that I'm aware of. I have gone to my doctors 4 times and the er twice. My doctor took a blood test and told me herpes. The er doctor looked at it and said it was shingles. No one has ever cultured it. I told my doctor after two months I couldn't take it anymore she told me I had no choice. I take lysine and olive leaf extract everyday. Along with vitamins B D and C
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Would you be comfortable taking a picture of the sores and uploading it here? If not do let me know and I will still let you know my thoughts on the matter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would be more comfortable emailing them if I had an address
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is so public here
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

You can email the photographs to***@******.*** with my name (For Dr Nair dermatology expert) in the subject line but they usually take a few hours (usually 6-8 hours, sometimes 24 hours) to forward these to me. If you choose this option please make sure you ask for an acknowledgment from JustAnswer that they have received your mail, and let me know that you have sent it. Please note that you must send this from the same email address you registered with justanswer.