DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician
55099014

I have sheets of skin that are free-falling off my scalp...

Customer Question

I have sheets of skin that are free-falling off my scalp... It isn't visible other than to see that my hair "is under it". what is this stuff?
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whenever these veins or sheets of skin fall from my scalp onto my entire body - it burns like hell-fire literally!! If I sleep and they fall and I don't try to remove them quickly - I wake up with a huge whelp and upon scratching that area it contains the clear fluid and also a tiny, tiny white rock/seed looking thing... I need a special kind of Dr but don't know who to see. Regular dermatologists LAUGH at me... Please help me. I live in Dallas, TX (NEED DR's Name...) Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have seen: Dr. Le at UT Southwestern (and 4 Drs sat in front of me and made fun of me - would not even examine my scalp); Dr. Mary Hurley at Presbyterian Dallas - supposed to be the best (told me to leave it alone and it would be gone in 2 weeks - also told me to go see a Psych...); Dr. Cheek at Presbyterian who said something was definitely wrong but didn't know what; and my own Dr - Mary Hammack who just wants to ignore it (she did however give me a scalp oil to remove the layers of skin -- it does but there are thousands of layers literally).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had severe pain 2/47 for 10+ years from this stuff. My hair being underneath these clear veins/sheets of skin want out to grown thus causing tremendous pressure and pain. I am thinking possibly staph or fungus???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I wake in the morning - my eye are practically sealed from the layers of sticky toxic skin that has fallen during my sleep; it is in my ears, mouth and around my gums, sometimes down my throat, in my nose - then it falls downward and into my private parts and I can actually feel the veins in mass touching my feet... I know unbelievable - but VERY TRUE! I am miserable and so scared.
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

do you have a pic?

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

This is likely seborrheic deramtitis.

Do yo have a pic?

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. If you have more questions, just reply. :)