Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I need to re a dermatologist to write a letter to say that

Customer Question

I need to hire a dermatologist to write a letter for me to say that cryotherapy does not damage skin. I am an esthetician and have been using a Cryoprobe for ten years. They initially told me I could now they are trying to take my license even though I have zero complaints against me and many happy customers for things that doctors don't want to deal with since they are considered cosmetic.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

There has been no action taken on this question in the Dermatology category, so it was opened in the Medical category. It is likely that no Dermatologist responded to this question because it cannot be said that cryotherapy does not damage skin. Complications to cryotherapy certainly can be said to be rare, but there is a rare risk of loss of hair, scarring, keloid formation, changes in pigmentation, or loss of sensation. The risk of these complications can be significantly lessened by only using short application times, but no doctor will be able to write a letter saying that cryotherapy will never damage skin.

You may be better able to argue your position if you were to ask a local Dermatologist to observe you in performing cryotherapy, and then that doctor could attest to the use of proper technique that will minimize the risk of complications.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not willing to pay $42 for this answer for it is not what I was looking for. Please refund immediately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no "how do I get a refund link" below the amount paid for my question like it says there will be here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/143.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Thanks for taking the time to give me the answer that you did, however I'm not willing to pay for it! Anything can possibly cause damage including hot wax that I put on people's eyebrows. But if it's used as intended no damage will occur. I thought I'd try.