How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 6942
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have several pimple looking areas at the opening of my

Customer Question

i have several pimple looking areas at the opening of my anus they are very tender and painful I have tried popping them but nothing happens it hurts to sit and use the bathroom what could these be
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

It is difficult to tell exactly what they can be, but most commonly these are either external hemorrhoids, skin tags over chronic anal fissures or anal warts (human papilloma virus). The exact diagnosis can be established once these are examined. Anal warts can be cauterized either by freezing them using liquid nitrogen or they can be shaved and burned, external hemorrhoids are usually excised under local anesthesia or spinal anesthesia as a day care procedure and chronic anal fissures require lateral internal sphincterotomy or anal dilatation under spinal anestehsia done as a day care procedure.

I would suggest that you visit your PCP and get a referral to a perianal surgeon or a general surgeon to have a look at these and establish a diagnosis.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on the top right corner of the screen.

Let me know if you require any more information.

Best wishes.