Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician
Experience:  14 years of Family Practice Experience including most dermatology problems
13781349

I have small itchy bumps all over my body and I know it's

Customer Question

I have small itchy bumps all over my body and I know it's not chicken pox. They aren't close together like a rash usually is but I do have them everywhere. My husband and I both do. We have cleaned everything. Our bed, sheets, house, used cream and we still have them. It's not from fleas or mites. We have had this going on 3 weeks and they won't go away and we can't figure out what they are. We do for some reason seem more itchy in bed and less itchy anywhere else.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Fom you history it sounds that you might have a bedbug infestation. The bites from these insects might explain why both you and your husband have a scattered itchy rash. This would fit with feeling more itchy while in bed. You might carefully examine the inseam margins on your mattress and bedding.

Over the counter Zyrtec or Benadryl may help reduce itching

Other causes are possible for rash. I would explore the possibility of bedbugs.(they are small but big enough to be seen.) If present you may get the help of an exterminator.

Other causes of the rash are possible and if not bedbugs you may have benefit to be examined by dermatologist

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

PS- I realize that you have looked such as for fleas and vaccumed the bed but these tiny insects do tend to hide during the day and may crawl up into crevices along the mattress....