Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Experience:  Senior Consultant MBBS DNB (DVD)
25843817

I have been getting little pink bumps on my arms and legs

Customer Question

I have been getting little pink bumps on my arms and legs (face & back is relatively clean from it). These bumps are not big and when I pop them, it's watery. The areas where these bumps are as follow:
- hands and palm (very very itchy)
- arms (most of the bumps are below elbow)
- legs (although not that much, but it does itch)
- Ears (not that much, but few)
- Chest (I can see red dots, but only if I scratch them, then I feel itchiness, if I leave them alone and do not scratch, they are not itchy)
Regarding my health,
- No Fever
- Little bit of tiredness
- No vomiting
- Throat was a bit dry, but I thought I wasn't drinking enough water
- Had runny nose when these bumps started appearing, but no runny nose anymore
- No coughing (just usual cough, like once or twice)
- Eyes get pretty tiring, sometimes tears come out too
I want to attach some photos, but I don't know how to do so... therefore, I'm uploading photos links
1) http://bit.ly/1JUgjVF
2) http://bit.ly/1L0UK83
3) http://bit.ly/1UGrwfw
4) http://bit.ly/1iczktA
5) http://bit.ly/1icznWk
Thank you in advance. Will be anxiously waiting for reply!
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Do you have history of Diabetes?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply Dr. Pravin.No! No history of Diabetes.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any recent history of drug intake ?

Do you have history of any application?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have never taken drugs in my lifeI never drank alcohol (liquor) in my lifeI am not taking any oral medicationThe only thing I have applied on my skin is anti-itching cream and calamine lotion (but that too after this issue started)
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any history of travel or hotel stay before this problem started?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I've been going to College to Home ... Then college (in Canada) ... Every weekdays.I'm not eating food from outside. I usually eat home cooked meal.This issue started almost 5 to 6 days ago when i started noticing little pimple like things on my wrist. It was only one or two. But in the next couple of days, it reciprocated.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information provided.

Did you come in contact with any plants, shrubs , garden material , chemicals , detergents , meat cutting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Detergent - YES
Plants/Shrubs - Grass, maybe
Garden material - No
Chemical - shampoo, washing liquid
Meat-Cutting - only kitchen knives (to cut onions, tomatoes, etc)But most of them, I've touched with my hands. How would that explain the similar condition on my legs and lower chest area? I always clean my hands after cooking, cleaning, etc
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

What you have is an auto eczematization. This condition starts from one area ( for example hand ) and then starts to other areas like legs abdomen , chest area due to an immunological process.

This looks more like an autoeczematization . This is also called id reaction and is associated with a lot of itching.

There is nothing sinister nor is there anything malignant in this condition.

What oral tablets have you taken for this condition?

Creams play a very minimal role in healing this condition

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not taking any tablets. Is it contagious?I don't know what oral medication to take. Can you suggest any?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you confirm if it's not measles or anything serious?
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

This is definitely not measles . Measles is related to a macular papular rash.

This is nothing serious.It is not contagious.

You can take Oral Claritine which can be taken twice a day for 10 days. This is available otc.

The other option is to take a short course of oral corticosteroids therapy but this would need a prescription from your doctor.I would suggest that you should take Claritine to begin with.

For application , you can apply Calamine lotion on the area.

Please do get back to me in case of any further queries.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the suggestion.I have bought Claritin (loratadine) and would start taking it twice on daily basis. Plus, I'm also putting calamine lotion on my arms (which are mostly affected. I can somehow control myself not to itch... so, it looks like it's not spreading now.What I was thinking is ... go for an Allergy blood test to find out what triggered these symptoms and how to cope up with it, if in case it comes again. What do you think? Is it a good idea?And to add something, I also have Keratosis Pilaris (KP) ... but it's only at the back of my upper arms ... and some at my back (only around shoulder blades area). Been having this for like 4 years ... and it doesn't really bother me that much.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

You can do a skin patch test at an Allergy clinic on your back .

Or the other option is to get a blood allergy test done. It is a great idea.

For now , you should not treat Keratosis Pilaris as the body may react to the medication given for Keratosis Pilaris.

After your reaction settles down , then you can start application of retinol based creams on the KP area for around 3 months daily at night.

Do you Agree with what I have mentioned?

You can give me a rating through the Rating Service application on your page.

Regards

Dr Pravin

Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Please do let me know if you still have your concern. I am awaiting a message from you .

I would be happy to help you