DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

Can I send you a photo of a possible mole we have concerns

Customer Question

Can I send you a photo of a possible mole we have concerns about for an initial look.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attached is the photo. It is on his stomach. Just some concerns. We will not be able to see a dermatologist for some time. Was not there 2 - 3 months ago. Noticed it today when shaving.
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Infected hair follicle most likely.

You don't need a dermatologist.

Any doctor can take care of it.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I should have mentioned that in the photo it appears a bit more red. It is raised and part is higher than the other. The edges are not solid and it is discoloured. Raided part seems darker than the other. Uneven edges. Thanks again. I am attaching a photo that may show you a bit clearer a photo.
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

This is a benign lesion.

I don't see any urgency here.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.