Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I have a boil on the left side of my anus. It was painfull

Customer Question

I have a boil on the left side of my anus . It was painfull on the first day . I got it checked by a gastroentrologist and he advised the below 2 meds -
1) Augmentin 625 mg - 10
2) Nucoxia 60 mg - 6
after the course the boil reduced and there was no pain but still the boil is there but there is no pain . I have a history of anal fissure also.
Pls suggest a treatment
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

From what you have described it sounds like what you are feeling now is residual scar tissue (fibrosis) from the boil. This is common when boils heal and feel like a firm lump under the skin. This resolves on its own over 4-6 weeks and no active treatment is required.

If the bump is still there after 6 weeks then it might indicate that this bump is a cyst - these are small sacs in the skin and can get infected from time to time. The treatment for these is local injection of a steroid into the bump or surgical excision.

Please feel free to ask if you have any queries. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.