Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I noticed a small protruding fleshy mass just at the later

Customer Question

I noticed a small protruding fleshy mass just at the later aspect of my cervix, when I apply an abdominal pressure it becomes more visible but it also retracts. I don't know what this is. I hope it's not a tumor of some sort.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I have noticed your phone call request. I am going to offer you now. Regards

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. There are few possibilities. It can be a polyp, can be vaginal or uterine prolapse or less likely it can be a cyst. The chances of this being a tumor are remote rather I would say negligible because;

1. At your age, cancer of uterus or cervix is not likely.

2. The mass which comes out and retracts inside with abdominal pressure is more likely to be benign rather than a tumor. Cancers are mostly fixed to the structures and don't protrude like this.

3. You haven't mentioned any symptoms like bleeding, weight loss, loss of appetite etc and if you don't have them then again cancer becomes least likely.

I would suggest you to relax as I reassure you that cancer is not likely. You should visit your Gynecologist by appointment and should get it examined. You may need CT scan and ultrasound to proceed further. But don't stress yourself for cancer. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome. Please click a positive rating. My best wishes and prayers will be following you :) Regards