Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Not sure what is growing on my arm and how to get rid of it

Customer Question

Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I attached a pic my arm near elbow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought it was a mole and I have been using that freezing product. It hasn't been working
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for query.

Do you have any itch or pain associated with it?

Does it increased in size? and for how long you have it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no pain or itch at all. it use to look a little different. it was just one bump and dark like a mole. it kind of comes out of the skin. i froze it using those off the counter product because i was thinking it was a mole. after freezing it, it has gotten smaller now, but there are two now. now it looks like some skin has grown over it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have had it for 9 months now.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the details.

This is in fact, a mole. However, since you do not have any itch or pain on it and the mole does not bleed. The recent change in appearance is a result of the recent manipulation with it using the over the counter products. I would suggest that you have this looked at by a Dermatologist and get it excised if it is causing you a problem. A problem may also be an unsightly appearance. Excision is a simple procedure, has a very low down time and gets rid of the lesion once in for all giving peace of mind.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was just worried it might be cancer in disguise. who knows.
i will leave you a feedback. thanks
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Probably not cancer with the way it looks. Skin tumors arising from moles cause itching, bleeding, change in size, asymmetry, ulceration, color changes etc. They need to be evaluated under a magnifying glass and biopsied for a precise identification.

Thanks in advance for the rating. Best.