dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I shaved my penis and scrotum a day ago and now I have about

Customer Question

I shaved my penis and scrotum a day ago and now I have about 6 pimples white heads on my penis and a few on my scrotum is this an std?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting me. Is it possible to forward a photograph? You can do so by clicking on the paper clip icon and uploading.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no way to take a picture
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 1 year ago.

Do the pimples have pus in them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
almost hard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My girlfriend says she has a yeast infection now as well
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 1 year ago.

Which part of the penis do you have pimples?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Middle to base where I shaved
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 1 year ago.

One possibility is Molluscum Contagiosum. Since you are not able to provide a picture, I would suggest that you check a few pictures on the internet and see if that fits. Then get back to me. This does not sound like a typical yeast infection.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked at those pictures earlier and they do not match they look more like a blister than a pimple.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mine are more like a ingrown hair and the appeared at the same time
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 1 year ago.

Any symptoms? as your girl firend's problem but diagnosed by a physician as a yeast infection? Was testing done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have any symptoms other than these "pimples" which I broke and are seeming to heal and being uncomfortable slight pain and slight itching. she was diagnosed by a physician and given treatment for the yeast infection.
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 1 year ago.

This seems most likely to be a folliculitis which we physicians are seeing more of as men are beginning to shave in this area. I would recommend washgint the area with Hibiclens 4% was once a day. Be sure to rinse off well. Then apply Benzoyl Peroxide 10 to the pimples. The only other thin I can think of would be herpes simplex, but I would be very reluctant to make that diagnosis without a culture, never mind without the visualization a picture could provide.

Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 1 year ago.

I have to go to my office now, but will be happy to entertain further questions. If you would like me to OPT OUT to allow other answers, please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I think your answer is good and I appreciate your information , be well.
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome. Good luck.