Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

What are the chances of tightening skin, removing lines, on

Customer Question

what are the chances of tightening facial skin, removing lines, on cheeks and chin area using laser technology
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

The effectiveness would depend upon the depth of the lines that you are looking to treat. It is very effective at treating superficial and moderately deep lines, but it is not as effective at treating deeper lines. Laser treatment is also not very effective at tightening skin where the underlying issue is loss of elasticity in the layer of tissue under the skin.

One of the primary advantages of considering the more aggressive laser treatments is that even the most aggressive laser treatments are generally well tolerated. There are some possible complications that can occur with laser treatment, such as infection, scarring, or alterations in pigmentation, but the likelihood of these complications are lower than with other treatment options.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.

I have not heard back from my initial answer. Please let me know if there is any further assistance that is desired.