DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

I have something on my scalp that seems like scabbing or

Customer Question

I have something on my scalp that seems like scabbing or thickening of the skin. It can't be seen easily, only felt. It doesn't itch, but I get large flakes. I've tried many things, most of which have no affect, including cortisone injections and cream. The shampoo my doctor gave me a RX for helps a little, allowing the scabbing to come off more easily, but it comes right back. I also found that heat makes the scabbing come off more easily, but it still returns. Could this be a fungal infection?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Yes it could be
OR
Eczema
Or
Seborrhea
Or other.....
I would have this sampled and sent to the lab and looked at by a dermatologist.
I would be glad to look at a picture.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.