Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician
Experience:  14 years of Family Practice Experience including most dermatology problems
13781349

I have a infected area over my right ring finger. It started

Customer Question

I have a infected area over my right ring finger. It started of looking like a little oil blister. Now it gotten a bit worse and have yellow pus and little bumps are forming around it. Would you know what it is?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

You need medical attention for this. It looks that you may have a case of impetigo. This is a bacterial infection. It would respond best to a combination of topical antibiotic (Bactroban or Altabax) plus an oral antibiotic (Keflex or Cipro or Biaxin ) as some prescription options.

It needs to be dressed with an antibiotic ointment and you need an MD to evaluate this and guide treatment. This infection could spread and get worse as a cellulitis

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD