dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I hope you can help me improve my problem. I'm a 43 year old

Customer Question

Hello Dr. I hope you can help me improve my problem. I'm a 43 year old woman, and my face has developed dark patches under my nose that looks similar to a hair growth. I've used dark spot corrective gels/ cream every day and night for the past 3 weeks. I've seen very little difference. I cover it up, as much as I can, with make up thru out the day, but it's still noticeable. It's very embarrassing when talking to people. I can tell they're looking at, what to them looks like, a mustache. I know that at my age, it has to be related to hormone changes. I just want to know what I can do to get rid of it.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Have you had hormonal testing?
We can not diagnose you or treat you here, but I can help set you in the right direction