dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

Have had episodes of a red mask above my eyebrows and down

Customer Question

Have had episodes of a red mask above my eyebrows and down onto my neck. I also seem to be very sensitive to heat any more. Have had this about 3 yrs without satisfactory diagnosis. Have seen primary physician who had done several lupus tests. They turn out negative. Then saw a couple of dermatologist as well as an allergist. Am getting no where. I am 69 yo and have lost most of my eyebrows and eye lashes. while I can live with this, it is embarrassing. I do have psoriasis which is predominantly in my scalp at this time. I also have rosacea. My most unusual symptom is my sensitivity to heat and sun. I often look like I have a bad sunburn on my face but haven't been in the sun. It has been recommended that I do a Patch test which I have yet to do. Would like to hear your ideas on this since it seems I get no where. Thank you. Kris Larsen
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Rosacea can account for this in fact, it is a common occurance with rosacea
can you attach a picture?