DrHoellering
DrHoellering, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of internal and general medicine self employed
61885400

I have a small flat spot/bump on my penis shaft. 3 months

Customer Question

I have a small flat spot/bump on my penis shaft. 3 months ago I had 4x 2-3 mm genital warts burnt off from in my pubic hair, then2 smaller ones burned off a month later....a few weeks later I get this small white bump spot near the top of my shaft. is this another wart? or something else?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrHoellering replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I am Dr. Hoellering and pleased to help you.
Can you load up a photo?
Is this spot soft (like a pimple) or hard?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is soft and small. there are 2 even smaller ones on the underside of the shaft near the top and 2 mid may on the top.
I am afraid these may be warts, too. They start small and soft and get harder after a while.
You should see a doctor quickly, because genital warts tend to spread quite quickly and should therefore be treated as early as possible.
All the best!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it best to have them burnt off or try a topical cream as they are still small?? im overseas atm and feel like the doctors just say they need to be burnt off as it is the most expensive ($100 a time!) thanks
This is very expensive!
I would give a cream a try, I like Wartec. If you can get it where you are, I would wait with burning them off. That is an alternative if Wartec can't manage any more. The earlier you take it, the better it works.
Good luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have found aldara here but from what i have read it can also burn the good skin around the warts and leave scars which im worried about....ill search for wartec tomorrow!
Ok. Aldara is an alternative. You have to apply both creams cautiously.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would burning straight away not be better rather than trying to remove with aldara over many weeks or is it a case that on she shaft there may be perminant scaring with the burning (in my hair i dont mind but on the shaft would not be nice!)?
NO, burning is not better.
Hello again,
It was my pleasure to help you quickly.
You have read my answers but didn't give a positive feedback yet. Do you have any question left? Don't hesitate to ask!