Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I work in India underground and have a rash on foot as well

Customer Question

Hello I work in India underground and have a rash on foot as well in elbow I have been to doctors and said Allegery this foot has swollen a little what else is a good home treatment thanx by the way it's very very hot conditions as well feet sweat all day
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Could you attach a picture of the rash?
What treatment was attempted when the doctor said that it was an allergy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just ointment and some tablets
Which ointment and tablets were prescribed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These
Very good. You have been tried on an antihistamine and both a topical and oral steroid. These medicines will usually work well for most causes of inflammation in the skin, including allergies.
From the appearance on the picture, it does look very inflamed, but it also looks like there is some blood under the skin and the swelling could be related to poor venous function.
It may help to apply a wrap to the area, such as with an elastic bandage. There also is a supplement that may be able to help, called horse chestnut.
It is also important to try to clean the skin in the area of the rash as much as possible, particularly when performing activity that causes more sweating. I realize that it is impractical when working, but try to do so as soon as you can once you get off work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanx a lot for your info I do feel better already and foot has reduced down thanx again
You are most welcome.