Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Experience:  Senior Consultant MBBS DNB (DVD)
25843817

Std/V worry

Customer Question

Std/HIV worry
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail and HIV specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Can you send some more details so I can assist you?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Dr Pravin,
I had an extremely regrettable encounter with a HK sex worker nine weeks ago. Really drunk, never planned it or lusted after it beforehand, love my girlfriend and knew I was clear of all stds before this through a full medical sexual health check with my girlfriend one year ago.
In short, protected sex, I am sure of it and certain the condom did not break, but unprotected 69 blow job and cunnilingus. I have had grave fears before, ten years earlier, but was tested. I genuinely felt condom protected sex and oral sex was relatively risk free, except for curable stds. No excuses, my guilt is killing me and my fear making it difficult for me to function.
I have read excessively. I know in the past senior moderators like Teak and Lizzie simply state no risk and copy and paste a list of quotes from Hook Handsfield, Garcia, Cummings. I have read all reassuring reports.
Ann and Andy Valez at poz.org argue zero risk from oral, especially for a hetro man as there would be no semen in the mouth. Even the supposedly conservative CDC and aidsmap and HIV institute argue minimal to zero risk and I have read medhelps experts views on that. Theoretical risk like being hit by a comet etc. Cummings and Garcia argue blood in the mouth like a vampire film. None of the experts have seen a convincing case of cunnilingus in either direction or a receptive blow job in all their combined years of experience...
However, askalice argues there is a significant risk with giving cunnilingus, as does Dr Bob on thebody.com. The nhs from the UK states it is a moderate risk.Aboutsex.com claims you can get HIV and hep b from a getting blow job and giving cunnilingus...
Other websites such as aidsvancouver and smartsex do not recognise either as a risk.10 years ago, I used to feel confident in oral sex and protected sex and not worry at all. My only anxiety was when I did not use protection for vaginal sex. How things have changed.....
I should also note that I went to see an std expert in Hong Kong with full intention of testing. He argued that my risks were so low and negligible that I did not need testing. He said I should not worry and get on with my life and could.continue unprotected sex with my girlfriend without fear, especially as I took all antibiotics for bacterial infections. This guys credentials are excellent and international recognised. He is no quack. He said I was suffering from anxiety and guilt and I need to deal with it emotionally.
Frightened still, confused. I know if I did not feel at risk, and risk for my partner, nearly everything points to safe sex.
Ann at poz.og notes that a man can not get hiv from cunnilingus as the vaginal fluids must come from the cervix. The tongue can not get there. She states that vaginal fluids from the front of the vagina hold no more hiv than sweat glands. She is hiv positive herself and allows her partner who is negative to do this.
Also, on ************, moderators, ablokecalledkev and joggin argue oral sex in either direction is safe sex and constantly reassure safe but well types.
Please advise/relieve my anxiety people. Is this just guilt or is double oral and protected vaginal intercourse with a prostitute a real risk?
I should also note that I have had all antibiotics for potential bacterial infections as you can get them over the counter in the country I live in. I have not experienced any symptoms other than anxiety.
Help me people. Please....
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Did you have any bleeding / ulcer or erosions at the time of oral sex?
Do you have fever ,skin rash , sore throat , enlarged lymph nodes at the moment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, nothing like that, although I am suffering from severe anxiety. I have a white tongue but I put this down to chain smoking since the incident over two months ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dr?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr Pravin, are you there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello dr?
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a photo of the white tongue?

Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a photo of the white on the tongue?
I would be able to understand if it were a oral trush or something else.
It would help be assess your condition.