dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have small bumps on my buttocks similar to the size of a

Customer Question

I have small bumps on my buttocks similar to the size of a zit or bug bite that are not going away. I've had them about 4-6 months and although they don't hurt or itch I do seem to have more than when I first noticed them. They are a nuisance that I'd like to get rid of. I have a pic but not sure how to send it.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This picture was taken after my shower this morning. If you need a better picture let me know. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Do you tend to sweat a lot?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dr. Pravin. No, not really. I sweat a normal amount and usually only if I'm exercising or outside in hot weather. If I'm indoors and not exerting myself I rarely sweat, if at all.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Do you tend to sit for long hours?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do work at a desk but I'm up and down a lot throughout the day.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

These are more like acneiform eruptions.

They can go away with the mix of over the counter medications like Calamine and Clindamycin lotion which should be applied on the area.

You can apply the Calamine lotion in the morning and the Clindamycin lotion at night on the area.

This would take around 2 weeks to resolve.

They are commonly seen in the area and would definitely resolve.

Please do get back to me in case of any further queries.

Do you Agree with what I have mentioned?

Would you like me to release the application for giving me a rating for my answer provided?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this something that will never go away untreated? Acne normally will disappear on its own after a few days but these are not going away. I've only noticed more of them. I started with one or two about 6 months ago and now I have about 8 that don't go away. I will buy the otc medication you recommend to try and see if it fixes my problems.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much for your reply.

These are not acne.These are acneiform eruptions that resemble acne.

They normally do not go away for a long time unless you start treatment as suggested.