DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

I used Color Oops to remove color from my hair. I used it

Customer Question

I used Color Oops to remove color from my hair. I used it twice, a week apart. This has a very strong sulphur base. After the second application, my scalp itched, burned and it was very painful to even move or touch my hair. I have seen two dermatologists and my regular doctor and no one seems to be able to cure it. I have have had it for 11 months. I have been prescribed several topical steroids and prednisone. I still have it. I take Benedryl (4 a day) which relieves the itching somewhat. I don't use any shampoo that contains sulphates/sulphur. Any ideas? I'm at my wits end. My hair thinned at first but now is as thick as it ever was. However, my has has become a lot more wavy. Any suggestions on how to proceed to get rid of this?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Have you had a skin biopsy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My dermatologist suggested this but will that tell him? From what I have read, it only determines if you are suffering from hair loss.
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
No, it determines if it is
infection
autoimmune disease
atopic disease
rare skin disease
allergy
etc.
It is very useful and you should consider this THE next step, as recommended by your doctor.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.