Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I have a STD question, I have a little red dot, no pain, no

Customer Question

I have a STD question, I have a little red dot, no pain, no tingling, no fever, I went to see a doctor and he said it is 90% it is not HSV, Ive also had a girl friend who've I been with I have done stuff with other women when on break, but always used
protection and girls have been tested including my GF. I was tested three months ago and negative for HSV both. My question is what is this little red spot, I do play sports, it's been like this maybe 37 hours. Seems to be subsiding my fear is it is an std.
Let me know picture attached.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I din't even touch it until I looked down, overtime I think about it i feel something then when I work out it goes away. I also do wear spandex when I work out. I do have some penile papules as well and pronounced to an extent where the red spot is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is also discharge. I noticed it a day and half ago. What scaring me is the doctor said its 90% not an STD but only because it react or turn into something and told him to come see me in some more days.
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

Do you have any significant burning while passing urine?

Any enlarged/painful lymph nodes in the groins? (These would feel like small lemon sized bumps below the skin)

Do you have any past history of STD's besides Herpes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No enlarged lypmhnodes, no pain or discharge during urination. I never had herpes, Ive been tested negative for all STDS and never had any std.
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information. Then I don't think you have anything to worry about. This looks like a small penile abrasion (as is common in men who wear spandex while working out) or an irritated penile skin gland (again caused by heat and humidity). Just apply any antibiotic cream or ointment you have (e.g. Neosporin, Bacitracin - available over the counter) for 5-7 days and stay as cool and dry as possible and you should be fine.

Please feel free to ask if you have any queries. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but what about false negative tests? Looking at this and it's been look like this for a couple days, to you there is no sign of an std?Yes lymph nodes are not swollen and no pain during urination or discharge.There is a little pain on the red spot that comes and goes depending what I am doing.
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

False negative tests are with the IgM testing for recent Herpes - the IgG tests which are the standard tests done for checking past Herpes have over a 98-99% accuracy rate (which is very high). So negative tests combined with all you have told me = No STD