DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

My daughter has a rash that started on her legs and then

Customer Question

My daughter has a rash that started on her legs and then moved to her arms and legs, then her stomach, back, and now face. She is 100% covered in the rash.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Couple more details: 1) She is just finishing a course of Bactrim 2) The rash is raised but not pustulant 3) She has a low grade fever and headache 4) She just had a HPV vaccine on Monday. What is the rash, could it be from an Enterovirus? Or is it more likely a reaction to the Bactrim or HPV Vaccine? The Doctor told us that rashes normally don't come from the Vaccine for 2-3 weeks.
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Take her to the ER.
It can be from the bactrim.
Possibly from the vaccine.
Not enterovirus.
With this extensive of a reaction, she needs immediate evaluation.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.