dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

Can chronic folliculitis in the groin region, specifically

Customer Question

Can chronic folliculitis in the groin region, specifically in the skin fold of the groin, cause tingling? How common or rare is this? I had a herpes test a year ago and it was negative, both IGG and IGM. Since it was many months after my last partner I'm
not worried about it being herpes. But this tingling in the left skin fold of my groin appears every once in a while for a few days. There was what looked like a pimple there a few days ago, and it was a hair follicle that looked inflamed surrounded by several
other hair follicles with what looked like a white head. I don't know what could be causing the tingling though...
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, since I got my last herpes test, I haven't been with any new sexual partners, so it can't be that I caught an STD from someone new.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

DO you Have lower back pain?

Do you have history of Vitamin B 12 deficiency?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic