dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

When to Bahamas Nassau in 2013 ( march) got bite by sand fleas-terribl

Customer Question

When to Bahamas Nassau in 2013 ( march) got bite by sand fleas-terrible, was on Prednisone , sorts of creams. Even went to a Dermatologist in the US. Took a chunk out of my leg. Just another cream . This went on for almost a year. When up north in august , I blue up with these things again (legs)they feel like a pinch really bad then itch and ooze. It wakes me up . I found a good doc. and he gave me PERMETHRIN cream. What a relief. I am a healthy Woman 59 not a any medications. July 8 of this year , it blue up again my Doc gave me the same cream. Now last night it woke me up on my foot , pinch like all------- I do have some on my legs too. I am very hyper person anyway but this is driving me nuts. Help me if you can just the start of the day thanks *****
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
What is your medical question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I get rid of this-----cream kills the top , but inside some thing is going on
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
You have to know what the current diagnosis is to know how to treat it.
It is not clear what your diagnosis is.....
As scabies been identified by the lab?