dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have a small sore on my scalp that gets a hardness. Not like

Customer Question

I have a small sore on my scalp that gets a hardness. Not like a scab per say, but like scale. I can't scratch it off like a scab. It doesn't itch. And only hurts if my brush hits it too hard.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome and Thank you for your query posted. My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern. Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service . Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information: Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience? You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link Other method of uploading photo or a file is:1.Click the paperclip icon2.Click the Browse icon3.Click the Browse button4.Select your file and click Open5.Click OK6.Click Insert7.Click Save Changes on this page Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These are the best I can do. I dont have some one to take a picture for me.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the photo image sent. Since how long do you have this condition?Does anything ooze out of this condition?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had it for about 3 weeks. And it does not ooze. It's just a scale type bump.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for the information provided Can you hold it between your thumb and index finger?Is is more like a firm mass?Have you lost hair over that area?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not raised like that. It's hard like a hard scab. But it's it's only like a bump. But not big enough to pinch. And I have not had any hair loss.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
It sounds more like a DERMATOFIBROMA.Have you heard of this before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
They hard solitary slow-growing (rounded bumps) that may appear in a variety of colours, usually brownish to tan. They are benign There is nothing to worry in terms of malignancy or anything sinister. They can be treated by freezing the area with liquid nitrogen.Do you have a facility where you can get this treatment done?