Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

HiI got a similar case as this guy and I also got these puss

Customer Question

Hi
I got a similar case as this guy and I also got these puss filled white heads on the back of my head. I have been taken Augmentin whenever I have breakouts and now they are very frequent. Every two weeks or so. For the first time, I got an attach on the chin and thus came across this post. Is Bactracin best suited for this.
Best
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Can you upload a picture of your lesions. You can do it as follows;
1. Click the paperclip icon
2. Click the Browse icon
3. Click the Browse button
4. Select your file and click Open
5. Click OK
6. Click Insert
7. Click Save Changes on this page
Or you can upload it on imgur.com and can share the link with me.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
attached are the images. The head ones occur all around the back of the head and I have attached a pic of one spot.
It has been occurring for about 5 years on the head now off and on, and for the first time on the chin.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. This is quite severe skin infection. Yes augmentin is a very good antibiotic and Bactrim as well. Both are good at treating these infections, but the point is this that you are getting them recurrently. No antibiotic is good for everyone. Not everyone is infected with the same bacteria. I suggest that you should visit a dermatologist and ask him to take a culture swab from these pus follicles. Doing this will not only identify the involved bacteria, but will help in selecting the targeted antibiotic for this. You may have to remain on that antibiotic for longer than you have been on Augmentin. Taking Bactrim for a short time might help you as Augmentin used to do, but once stopped, the problem will recur. So getting a culture is the best way to address the problem. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards