Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician
Experience:  14 years of Family Practice Experience including most dermatology problems
13781349

I have tiny whiteheads like dots in my genital area5 months

Customer Question

I have tiny whiteheads like dots in my genital area
5 months before there was 1 or 2 in shaft and under scrotom
now its more dots its slightly raised.
mostly looks like raise whiteheads
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello!What you describe are Fordyce spots. These are harmless. They are just blocked pores with a bit of sebaceous oil under the skin. They are harmless. Just use a soap with very mild abrasive such as product for the face . These are harmless ...not an STD...nothing really to worry about . very very common.. I hope that this information is helpful for you Let me know if you have further questions or concerns I will be happy to get back with you If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even thought if it is harmless I want it to be cleared out. Is there any way to clear it.
Hello,Yes you use a mild abrasion type soap or scrub such as for face as though you had acne. The idea is to exfoliate the skin GENTLY HERE as it is thin skin and you do not want to overdo this ! Daily scrub ( gentle) should open pores and allow the sebum to escape. I hope that this is helpful for you Let me know if you have further questions.Best regards,Anthony Bray MD
Neutrogena Clear Pore Daily Scrub would be one such product that you may use ...Let me know if you have further questionsI will be happy to get back with youBest regards!Anthony Bray MD