DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

I've had a small bunch of skin (smaller than the size

Customer Question

I've had a small bunch of skin (smaller than the size of a pencil eraser) on the underside of the shaft of my penis, near frenulum. It's been there for a few years and has never bled or itched, etc but I'm curious as to what it might be. I have pics if needed.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Please attach your pics here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks again for the help. Again, this condition has been present for longer than I can remember, doesn't itch, hasn't gotten any bigger with time and when I squeeze the skin it doesn't hurt, puss doesn't pop out, etc.
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Ok
This looks like a common wart.
It has to be removed in the doctors office, not at home and not with creams, which will only inflame it most likely.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for the reply. Is it "contagious" in its present state? Is a "common wart" and a "genital wart" the same thing? If I have it removed, can it come back?
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
It is contagious.
Warts are all from different strains.
yes it can come back.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.