How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Nair Your Own Question
Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 9176
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. Nair is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a sore on my foreskin stings and stings to urinate.. Also have extremely tight fore

Customer Question

I have a sore on my foreskin stings and stings to urinate.. Also have extremely tight fore skin only occurred last 18minths
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sore looks like a blister occurred around a week ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cannot be Std and I have like a white band around foreskin
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for requesting me - would a photograph of the affected area be possible at your convenience?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Having trouble with uploading a photo but I think it's a tear in my foreskin
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the photograph - the sore itselft looks like a bacterial infection to me; this could have occured on its own or a cut could have gotten infected. If you can see your doctor about the problem then I would recommend 2% Mupirocin cream to be applied on the sores twice a day for 10-14 days.If you cannot see a doctor then wash the affected area with a mild soap like dove while bathing and apply Bacitracin ointment on it twice a day. This is not the ideal treatment but will suffice in many cases. Bacitracin is available over the counter without a prescription. Avoid sex and masturbation till the problem clears to avoid irritating the sore.As for the tightening of the foreskin - amongst the commonest causes for this at your age is a condition called LSEA (Lichen Sclerosis Et Atrophicus). This is a condition of unknown cause characterized by tightening of the foreskin and splits like you have described. There may also be some whitening of skin and itching but features vary from case to case. This is treated with strong prescription creams or with circumcision - I would strongly advise see a dermatologist in person to have this opinion confirmed. Please feel free to ask if you have any queries. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sore seems to be healing but I am unable to retract foreskin to clean.. I am strongly considering circumcision as I have had problems on and off for a few years now what's your opinion
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,Yes I would second that thought as well - circumcision is an excellent long term solution for the problem I mentioned (LSEA).Kindly consider rating our interaction to enable me to get credit for my work with you. You can continue to follow up even after if required. Thank you.