Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I have a few lumps/spots around my anus, wondered what it could be. I had diahora so bad f

Customer Question

I have a few lumps/spots around my anus, wondered what it could be. I had diahora so bad for past 3 weeks, sweating a lot and pain off and on in my stomach
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.Would a photograph of the affected area be possible at your convenience?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just taken
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the photograph. Do these bumps hurt or itch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not at all and I only noticed them today. I've had bad diahora for past 3 weeks, so yesterday I was getting a sore bottom but it's ok now
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information. These look most like Perianal Warts. This is a viral infection of the skin and causes asymtomatic bumps to form in the affected area. Skin Tags would be a second possibility - these are small bumps formed due to bunching of skin and are quite common around the anus.For now I would just recommend observing the bumps - if their number or size does not increase over the next 1-2 months then they are probably skin tages and can be left alone. If they seem to increasing in number or size then Perianal Warts become most likely and treatment is required. This will have to be done by a dermatologist in person and will involve one of the following - Podophyllotoxin application, Imiquimod application or 50-100% TCA application. Multiple sittings(weekly) are required and clearance takes 3-4 months. Single sitting options include electrocautery, radiofrequency ablation, carbon dioxide laser ablation & cryosurgery. However these are seldom done due to the sensitive nature of the area involved.Please feel free to ask if you have any queries. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are they infectious? And also why am I having a long case of diahora, stomach pains and sweating. I thought it might all be related. I really don't feel well
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.
Warts are infectious, skin tags are not. Your other symptoms are in all likelihood not related to the perianal bumps - its most likely that you have had the bumps for a while but your attention has just been drawn to them because of the diarrhea.You might have stomach flu - it would be best to see your GP/Family Physician for this who can evaluate if you need oral antibiotics or not. Till then keep your self hydrated and rest as much as possible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've seen my go and they don't know what it is. And I'm certain the bumps have never been there till yesterday
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.
Well then warts become most likely. Warts can show up when the body's immune system gets depressed for any reason - and an infection like you may have in the gut could be such a cause.