Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Experience:  Senior Consultant MBBS DNB (DVD)
25843817

I have some numb spots that have been popping up on my feet starting with my left foot and

Customer Question

I have some numb spots that have been popping up on my feet starting with my left foot and affecting from the left to right second and third toes going back to right in front of the ball of my foot it's about the size of a silver dollar. That's been there for a few months. Now another one developing on my right foot encompassing the bottom of my whole big toe and getting slowly bigger it seems. I also have some numbness in my right hand. A small spot on my right thumb. These have been appearing over the last couple of months slowly multiplying gradually. Kinda getting worried now. Any ideas on what this might be????
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome and Thank you for your query posted. My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern. Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service . Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information: Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience? You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link Other method of uploading photo or a file is:1.Click the paperclip icon2.Click the Browse icon3.Click the Browse button4.Select your file and click Open5.Click OK6.Click Insert7.Click Save Changes on this page Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are the photos you requested. Not a whole lot to be gathered from them. Hope they help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my photos???
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for the photos sent.Do you have any history of diabetes?Do you have history of athlete's foot?Do you sweat a lot from your feet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No on all counts
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for the history provided.Do you have joint pains?Do you have pain in the spots?Do you have some level of itching?Do you walk barefoot sometime near the pool or do you use public Jacuzzi?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm thinking poor circulation and been very complacent for the last two years because of an injury. Thank you for any help
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for all the information provided. from the history that you have given , there does not seem like anything malignant or sinister This looks like a fungal infection of the foot. Do you have any antifungal creams with you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not fungal.... For sure. What makes u say that? The pics don't indicate that. It's on my thumb. It's either neurological or circulatory
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Are the whole feet numb?Do you have pins and needles sensation?Do you differentiate hot and cold on the foot?Do you drag your feet and walk?Do you have lower back pain?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sir but it's not going away and the patches are multiplying and growing larger. I don't have a pins and needles sensation. However it does feel like I have something in my shoe or between my toes all the time. Like dry leaves. I keep looking down to see what is stuck between my toes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Massage and walking seems to relieve it a bit. Not permanently though
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
You get pain on walking some distance?Have you had ulcers in the foot in the past or now?Are you a chronic smoker?Do you have history of very high cholesterol or family history of heart disease?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am a chronic smoker
Tingling some time upon walking a long way
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Have you got any color doppler done for the veins and arteries?do you have history of lower back pain?Do you get swelling in the legs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No yes yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I was wondering what you called that process. Good idea
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
From your history given , it looks more vascular in nature and hence a color doppler would be essential. It would atleast help rule out a vascular anamoly. It does not look like a neurological. There is also a superficial element of fungal infection as can be seen from the scaling of the feet.Application of Canestan lotion on the area twice a day will help in reduction of the scaling and accompanying red spots which may come up later. Please do let me know if you have any further queries. Please do give me a feedback for my opinion provided.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Do you have an insight into your condition?Do you have any further queries?