DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician
55099014

Hey doctor, in 2009 i was in the best shape ofy life going

Customer Question

Hey doctor, in 2009 i was in the best shape ofy life going to the gym everyday. One day i noticed three little bumps on my glans. After a few months i went to my family physician and he diagnosed me with venereal warts and perscribed me condylox. He told me to put it on the affected area 2 times a day for 3 to 4 days. In a panic to be rid of the warts i spread the condylox across my whole glans unaware that it was acid. After 3 days my glans got red and sensitive so i stopped and a few days later layers of skin peeled off. Everything seemed to heal fine at first . I had really smooth and even toned skin before this and after my skin was discolored and bumpy with broken blood vessels and the little bumps were still there. I went back to my doctor and he told me i would heal up fine and there was nothing else i could do. Few more weeks i got more of the little bumps and my glans turned to wrinkled leather. I was severely depressed because of this. 2 years later i had to go to a dermatologist because of an outbreak of psoriasis and i ask him. He said he saw no warts from hpv what so ever. I didnt have health insurence then and it seemed to me like he was rushing me out of his office. So i took what he said with a grain of salt and didnt believe him over my family physician whom i have been goin to since i was a baby and trusted. Now to a year ago i am at a different dermatologist to get a pre cancerous spot removed and i ask the women doctor i was seeing and she told me that i absolutley did not have any genital warts and the bumps were just something normal that happens to some of guys and she couldnt remember the name. So i went back to my family physician and told him what the dermatologist told and he kinda got angry and wouldnt change his diagnosis. So now after few diffrent doctors years of stress and anxiety and not dating any girls out of fear i have no answers to whats these bumps are and is their any way i can fix the skin on my glans and make it smooth again? So i turn to you doctor nair and your help would be greatly appriciated. I started to go to the gym again a few months ago and these little bumps are apearing to be getting worse.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pics
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
any other medical issues?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No other issues
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
I see no signs of warts there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are all the little bumps?
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
Fordyce spots Normal Most guys have them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That bad though?
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
Nope.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope as in its not usually as bad as in my case? How do i get rid of these things?
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
No need to get rid of them. They are normal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doc my glans looks like freddy kruger i need a way to fix it .
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
You can get laser therapy or try retin A.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I consult with a plastic surgeon or dermatologist for laser therapy ? What is retin A?
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
I would do laser surgery with a dermatologist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is retin A?
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
it is a cream used for a variety of skin conditions
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
please don't forget a positive rating
It is the only way I am paid for my work with you