dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

How do I treat my adult acne? I had a clear complexion as a

Customer Question

How do I treat my adult acne? I had a clear complexion as a teenager, not getting my first pimple until 20 and it went away fairly quickly. They'd pop up here and there over the course of the next 10 years, and go away. I couldn't care less until now.
I'm 32 now. The last 4 months I have gotten painful cystic acne directly next to my eye and chin. Never had that before, and it took over 4 weeks to go away. Now I have scarring and a multitude of whiteheads and others that won't surface on my chin. It literally
hurts to talk. I've tried every non prescription product under the sun. I've used tanning beds (funny enough just for my face.. it felt like it helped), and have tried natural things like ice, lemon, honey, tea tree oil, you name it I've tried it. The current
treatment I'm using is acne.org regimen. It's only been a week, but I'm still not seeing results of Any kind. What should I do? It's just on my chin now, no where else. The only meds I've been on is the Depo shot (generic version), but I've been on that since
I was 17. I don't touch my face, I drink water, I'm a vegetarian, and I exercise everyday. I don't want Accutane. My face is not as terrible as the internet success stories were, but my chin is screaming for help!
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
do you have a pic?
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
please attach a pic so I know how severe it is