Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

After a cold sore over a year ago,

Customer Question

.Hello. After a cold sore over a year ago, I had swelling in part of my lower lip that never completely went away. It appears the last few months that the swelling has increased some. It makes it hard for me to smile. Wondering if there is anything I can do. I haven't seen a doctor about it.
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/dermatology/96ucu-.html#re.v/173/#ixzz3fVFGNyUF
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. After a cold sore over a year ago, I had swelling in part of my lower lip that never completely went away. It appears the last few months that the swelling has increased some. It makes it hard for me to smile. Wondering if there is anything I can do. I haven't seen a doctor about it.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.
I would suggest that you have this examined since sometimes, inclusion cysts can form with the areas that have developed cold sores or any sort of ulceration. These cysts need to be excised. Since, the swelling is progressive and growing in size, the earlier you see a doctor the better, since larger swellings are difficult to take out without causing some kind of distortion and since this one is specially limiting your ability to smile.
Please see your doctor for this.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Best wishes.