dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

Recently noticed a bump on my foreskin.

Customer Question

Recently noticed a bump on my foreskin.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome and Thank you for your query posted. My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern. Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service . Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information: Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience? You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link Other method of uploading photo or a file is:1.Click the paperclip icon2.Click the Browse icon3.Click the Browse button4.Select your file and click Open5.Click OK6.Click Insert7.Click Save Changes on this page Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Added a file. Does that work?
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for sending the photo.I did receive them .
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
I would like more information :Since how long do you have this condition?Do you have any unprotected sexual intercourse?have you had genital warts in the past ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I noticed it after may 23.
I have had unprotected sex
I've never had genital warts. I've had warts on my feet thought.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Does this bleed on touch or scraping it?Does it cause any pain?Do you have any lymph node swellings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does not bleed when I touch it or scrap it.
It's painless
No swollen lymph nodes.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
From the description that you have given and the photo that you have sent , it does look like you have got a genital wart . This condition is associated unprotected sexual intercourse most commonly however it can also come from use of public toilet seats , public towels and can also spread from warts on other parts of the body like the foot in your case. This condition can be treated with the use of Imiquimod cream 5 % twice a week application. you can also try application of Apple cider vinegar which should be applied daily on the area . The other method of removing this wart is by use of cryotherapy or chemical cautery at the dermatologist clinic. Do you have any idea if your partner with whom you had unprotected sexual intercourse also had the warts?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A partner has just recently found out she has hpv. But stated there was no warts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She claims she got it from me but I've checked with 2 other partners from earlier this year and they stated they are clean.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Do you agree with what I have mentioned?Do you have any queries you would like to clear?
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the cream ofc or does it need to be prescribed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for answering my question.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Sorry , went offline due to connectivity issues Yes the imiquimod requires a prescription. The apply cider vinegar is otc .
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any further queries?
Do you Agree with what I have mentioned?
Were you able to get the product?