dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

When I don't shave days I get red spots on my lip and

Customer Question

when I don't shave for 3 days I get red spots on my lip and chin. they diassapear after a day. when I don't buzz my hair after a long time same thing!
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome and Thank you for your query posted. My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern. Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service . Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information: Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience? You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link Other method of uploading photo or a file is:1.Click the paperclip icon2.Click the Browse icon3.Click the Browse button4.Select your file and click Open5.Click OK6.Click Insert7.Click Save Changes on this page Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cant upload pic just no textured red blotches gone in one day when i shave regulary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any advice??
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Are they painful?Do they also grow above the level of the skin?Does any pus grow in them anytime?Do these spots itch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no just blotches No texture to them like irratations
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Does the hair on the area poke on the area?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no just red patches mo hair no texture just irrated look
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information provided. Has the photo has not been provided , It would take me a few more history taking to answer your query so I can give you the best service. How many days after the hair growth happens do you get the red patches?Are they of only a cosmetic worry?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right after i shave red blotches upper lip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes after i shave after 3 days of beard growth i get these red blotches when barber shaves my head after 3 weeks same thing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only last a day
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information provided.So to confirm they disappear when the hair touching the area is removed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
This does not seem to be related to any disease per se. This can be due to inflammation of the skin related to rubbing of hair ( like a frictional folliculitis) This is a benign condition. Do you agree it may be due to this?From the detailed history that you have provided it seems to be very benign .You can prevent it by making the skin less prone to inflammation by application of an antibiotic ointment base like Bactroban ointment . This would work as an anti inflammatory. You can also cleanse the area with Cetaphil cleansing lotions which are very mild on the skinDo you Agree with what I have mentioned? Would you have access to the above mentioned ointments or cleansing lotions? They are available over the counter.Please do get back to me so we
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
can discuss further