dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

Doctor My wife had some red spots on her foot and now it

Customer Question

hi Doctor My wife had some red spots on her foot and now it became dark and not going away
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome and Thank you for your query posted. My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern. Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service . Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:Does she have history of Diabetes?Does she have a history of Varicose veins in the legs? Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No she doesnt have any history for diabetes or varosious veins either
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She came to newzealand a year ago before she was in india
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and those small little spots were red and so many and just on legs nowhere else and also doctor she have to stand long hours at work probably 16 hours a day
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
I was just going to ask you if she stands for many hours a day as this condition called Schamberg's pupura occurs commonly in such scenarios. This condition is caused by venous stasis. Does she have history of varicose veins?Does she have any below the knee stockings?Does she keep her legs elevated on the bed during sleep?Is she on any blood thinners?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi doctor pravin
What could be done for that any treatment ??
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your query.The treatment would involve a multiple modality approach:This would include intake of Vitamin C tablets 1500 mg per day for 3 months.Application of Kojic acid lotion on the area once daily at night .Intake of Calcium dobesilate on a daily basis that helps considerably to reduce future spots on the legs.All these are available over the counter and can be taken for around 3months safely. She should also avoid standing for prolonged period of time or if that is not possible give the legs some rest every hourly or so.She should elevate the limbs at night on a pillow while sleeping.If possible she can wear below the knee stockings dailyAnd she should drink a lot of water around 2 litres of water per day. Please do get back to me in case of any further queries.Please do give a feedback for my opinion provided.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.