Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

As of about 2 and a half months ago I started to

Customer Question

Hello!
As of about 2 and a half months ago I started to notice a sore mark on my penis. I figured it was from to much sex and over masturbation. I stop sexual activity for a few days and when I started again it came back. At first it wasn't really the painful so i did still masturbate about once a day and had sex every couple of days. The red area got a bit larger and a few more red marks appeared on the shaft and one big area right where the shaft meets the head of my penis.
After a bit it started to get sore. It began being painful to masturbate and the area where the head meets the shaft even started to bleed once during sex.
I now have been masturbating maybe once every 5 days and have tried using lotrimin ultra for jock itch, neosporin, and even desitin cream and nothing seems to work and it still does not look like it is getting better and it has started to also get itchy.
What should I do to make this go away?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
From what you have posted it is time to stop messing around with this issue at home.
I strongly suggest you see a urologist or, if it takes you too long to make an appointment, get into see your primary care MD.
You are going to want to use your penis for many years to come....it would be a shame to have it die off at such a young age, eh?
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've added a couple photos please let me know if this helps
I have reviewed your additional pictures.
I still believe that your best chance of getting to the bottom of this is to see your MD or a urologist in person. Your history and looking at photos are not sufficient to make a diagnosis and propose a treatment plan in your case.
Sorry about that :(
I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.
Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.
Dr. Rick MD FACS