Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have small raised clusters of skin tags. They are all over

Customer Question

I have small raised clusters of skin tags. They are all over the top of both shoulders and from there have spread to the front. I believe they are caused by wear a all in one pull over sports type bra. How can I get rid of these? Is there an ointment or oil I can use? They have recently started itching. Thank you and I will be waiting for an answer. :)
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.
Skin tags can not be removed by ointments or creams. The best way to remove these is to see a dermatologist and consider cryotherapy which involves freezing the lesions with liquid nitrogen and taking them off or excision under local anesthesia. Both procedures have good results and can be done as office procedures.
The most important thing is to get them seen first and establish what these lesions really are. If they are indeed skin tags, the dermatologist can remove them in the same sitting. The down time is 7 days at the most after which the sutures can be removed, in case an excision was done.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Let me know if you have other queries about this.
Best wishes.