dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

My husband got our GP to look over his skin. He questioned

Customer Question

My husband got our GP to look over his skin. He questioned one that has 2 different colours. He didn't think it was too much of a concern but wanted it checked anyway. My husband had his skin checked 2 years ago by a dermatologist and has had no changes
since. Beside the colour variant there are no other factors (even borders etc) our question is * can healthy moles have more than one colour? * do you think we have cause for concern?
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our GP thought it looked like a dysplastic nevi, does it look like that to you?
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.Would a clearer picture of the mole be possible - possibly with a flash?Yes a normal mole can have slight variation in color (e.g. light brown to dark brown) but not two differing colors such as blue and brown or blue and black